What to Do with Your Extra Hour from Daylight Savings Time
Over the weekend, you got an extra hour, thanks to Daylight Savings Time. If you’re like most people, you haven’t absorbed it yet with a change in bedtime. A whole hour is a valuable thing in a busy life, but that doesn’t mean you have to be serious about it. Or maybe it does. It all depends on your personal inclinations. The following are some ideas for what to do with your extra hour, divided by a few categories.
Do What Successful People Do
There are successful types in the world who do achievement circles around the rest of us. Have you always wanted to be more like that mentor who has written 50 books and still goes on constant speaking tours or some such? The following are a few ways highly successful people spend their extra time:
- Take a class
- Read a book
- Volunteer for a helpful community cause
- Enjoy a hobby
- Spend time with family and friends
Random Ideas for How to Spend your Time
Getting an extra hour of sleep is a perfectly rational choice of what to do with the gift of time. You could even scroll through social media, like usual—there are no rules and no guilt is allowed. The following is a random assortment of ideas on what you could do:
- Call that relative or friend you’ve been neglecting.
- Put together a new music playlist for your listening enjoyment.
- Plan a get-together with friends.
- Take a scenic walk.
- Read emails you’re behind on.
- Clean your desk from top to bottom.
- Write a page of the book you dream of writing.
- Start a creative project.
- Visit an attraction you’ve never seen in your town.
- Work a jigsaw puzzle.
- Play a board game with a friend or loved one.
Buy a Shirt the Defines your Passion
There are a lot of funny, cool, and simply perfect t-shirts that you can scroll through at Briscoe Brands. Find one that defines you perfectly and order it.
- Do you literally think pants are bullshit? There’s a shirt for that.
- Are you an automotive enthusiast? There’s a t-shirt for you, if you still play with those kinds of blocks.
- Have you been meaning to wear a Nana shirt? We have a hoodie jacket for that.
- Can’t get enough of Star Wars? Get a Star Love shirt.
- Is napping your jam? Buy a shirt and tell the world.
- Must coffee come first, before anything? There’s a shirt for that.
The Value of Time
Consider these conflicting quotes about time:
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
― Marthe Troly-Curtin, Phrynette Married
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”
― Charles Darwin, The Life & Letters of Charles Darwin
Enjoy your extra time! How will you spend yours?